This week, Pastor Mark brought out the importance of running as this applies to our faith. We see many of the great heros of our faith Running!
Genesis 29:12 And Jacob told Rachel that he was her father’s brother, and that he was Rebekah’s son; and she ran and told her father.
1. Why did Rachel run?
2. Are we running to tell someone the Good News that we know about the Kingdom that they can be part of?
I Samuel 17:48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hastened, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
1. Notice, David ran toward the battle with the Philistine! What does this teach us?
2. What does this tell us about David’s relationship with the Lord?
I Corinthians 9:24,25 Know ye not that they that run in a race run all but one receiveth the prize? Even so run; that ye may attain. And every man that striveth in the games exerciseth self-control in all things. Now they do it to receive a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
1. Why is faith like running in a race?
2. How would you describe having self-control in all things? How does this apply to our faith?
3. What are we running for?
Pastor Mark added the following thoughts:
**Running shows our Faith!
** We are not lackadaisical in our faith!
**We Run with Purpose
**We Run with Urgency
**We Run with Determination
**Nothing will stop us from Running
**We are running a marathon, so we pace ourselves
**We Run with the message of Torah
**We Run to the Appointed Times
This week, I hope you can find someone to encourage to keep running!!