Here is a quiz for you: How are the following words related?
Incredibly, all these words relate to something that many in the church say are done away with or outdated or even legalistic! Do you see a word here that is negative or legalistic? These words all relate to something Yeshua spoke about, and He said these words will never pass away!!! These words all relate to the Law! Any impression given that the Law is negative in any way is a very wrong impression. Who doesn’t want Life, Wisdom, Understanding, Love, Light, to Live and to Possess what G-d has given? We get these things by Keeping the Law!
John 14:15 (Yeshua said) “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
1. How much do we show love to Yeshua? Every time we keep a commandment, we are showing our love for the Lord! Do you find this amazing??
2 John 1:6 “And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.”
1. Is this a new idea?
2. What does it mean to “walk in it (the commandments)”?
Proverbs 6:23 When you walk, they (the commandments) will guide you; when you lie down, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. For this commandment is a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way to life,…
1. Did you find the 5 different things the commandments do when we walk in them? Does any one of these surprise you?
Deuteronomy 4:1, 2 Now, Israel, listen to the statutes and to the ordinances, which I teach you, to do them; that you may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD,
1. What incredible thing will the statutes and ordinances allow Israel to do?
2. Can you describe the power these statures and ordinances have when obeyed?
Deuteronomy 4: 6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples, who shall hear all these statutes, and say, “Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.”
1. Why are there no other laws that can produce these results?
Matthew 5:17-19 (Yeshua speaking) Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.…
1. Fulfill means to live the commandments out as they were intended.
2. How did Yeshua feel about the law?
WHY IS THE LAW GOOD?
BECASUE KEEPING THE LAW DOES THE FOLLOWING:
Guides, Guards, Speaks, Teaches Love, Gives Life,
Allows us to Possess what G-d has Given, Gives Wisdom, Gives Understanding,