Even in the wilderness, the Word is always with us! We have to be aware that his appearance changes, but His presence is always with us. His presence was visible in the cloud and in the fire in the wilderness. The cloud led the people by day, the fire by night. His presence became visible in the flesh, in the man called Yeshua. His presence in the cloud and the fire have departed, and Yeshua is in Heaven, but His Word remains. He continues to lead through His Word, and His Word never changes. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us! Though His appearance changes, His Word never does!
Exodus 13:21-22 And the LORD went before them in a pillar of cloud to guide their way by day to lead them on the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. He did not take away the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night from before the people.
Numbers 9:18 At the commandment of the LORD the children of Israel journeyed, and at the commandment of the LORD they pitched as long as the cloud stayed on the tabernacle they rested in their tents.
1. Who is in the cloud? How do these verses show the Lord’s desire to be among His people? What else does the presence of the cloud show?
2. Why is seeing the constant care of the presence of the cloud by day and the fire by night comforting?
3. How do you see His Word functioning in the wilderness?
Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
1. Where is this cry coming from? Where is the highway coming from for the Lord?
Isaiah 40:5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it/HIM together, for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
1. What will be revealed? What will be seen? Who has spoken this? Is the one to be revealed that same as the one who speaks the word? What does this mean?
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh and dwelled among us (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth.
1. How was the LORD revealed? What is His “appearance” now?
Exodus 25:8 And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
1. What remains the same in Exodus 25:8 and John 1:14?
2. What does this tell us about the heart of the LORD?
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
1. In John 1:14 what was made flesh? Who was the Word from the beginning? Who is Yeshua?
***THE WORD AND THE LORD ARE ONE,
AND THEY HAVE BEEN ONE
FROM THE BEGINNING***
Proverbs 7:2 Keep my commandments and live, and my law as the apple of thine eye.
John 6:63 “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
1. The commandments, when kept, give life and the words of Yeshua are life.
How would you explain that they are ONE?
…..HIS WORDS ARE LIFE…..